Coin-Op Arcade Technical, Maintenance Tips and Techniques.
It's impossible to have a true forum or wiki using the ISP we are on. We will list the index of available how to's and other information on this page.
Pinball Medic's main sites: pinballmedic.net or pinballmedic.com
| 1. Number 44 Light Bulb to 47 Light Bulb Replacement to help prevent playfield plastics warping and scoreboard ink flaking. |
Also see Bulb Image Chart Arcade Lamp and Bulb Chart
3. Pinball Playfield Steel Game Ball Replacement Schedule
New replacement Laser brand Pinball Game Balls
5. Monitor Burn-In Image problems.
7. Pinball System Board Identification and Game Name Listings Charts
9. Video Monitor Capacitor Replacement Kits. (Re-Cap kits)
11. Game batteries and battery acid damage to circuit boards.
13. Should Spike Arrestors or Power Strips be used on a Coin Operated Arcade Game?
15. How to Determine Whether to Repair or Replace a Pinball Circuit Board
17. Coin-Op game shipping Methods and Costs
See Shipping and Yellow Jacket pinball Dolly pages.
19. What brand of AA sized battery is best for my coin-op arcade game? Is it OK to use a rechargeable battery and what is the purpose of these batteries?
21. Can I leave a game powered on all of the time?
23. Are there differences between pinball game balls from different suppliers and what can this difference do to a playfield?
25. What types and sizes of cabinets are there and does the cabinet type add to a game's worth?
27. Flipper Bushing types demystified and flipper scrape damage caused by worn out bushings explained.
29. Line voltage and the dangers of High Tapping an arcade's transformer.
31. Types and photos of pinball playfield lockdown bars
33. Why would someone wax a playfield and what wax would they use?
35. What are some Wide Body and Standard playfield glass dimensions?
37. How to get started constructing a new pinball.
| 2. How to Brighten up old Gottlieb Displays |
4. Matching Paint Colors on Pinball Side Art
6. Wide Body Playfield Glass Replacement and some playfield glass dimensions.
8. What is the Playfield Rubber Ring Replacement schedule?
10. Pinball Circuit Board Capacitor Kit.
12. Solenoid Coil Part Numbers Explained.
See also Solenoid Coil Charts
14. How often should plastic and EM Pinball Parts be Greased
16. Why is my Coin-Op Game Resetting During Game Play?
18. Why does solenoid, flasher bulbs and other high current draw components affect the five volt game logic power supply line causing game resets?
20. What is the difference between the terms 'Shopped', 'Refurbished' or 'Restored' when referring to a game's condition?
22. Do all pinball games use the same size of game ball or are there pinball specific game balls?
24. I'm confused about fuses. How is a fuse rated and what fuse types are in Coin-Op Arcade games.
26. What are the sizes of dot matrix displays (DMD) and are there any differences between display manufacturers?
28. New reproduction versus old original backglass/scoreboard glass
30. What methods can be used to fix weak or non-operating flippers
32. Why can't Coin-Op repair shops fix home version pinball games?
34. What kind of oil can be used on arcade game motors and pinball leg level adjusters?
36. Who are the major Pinball manufacturers in the U.S,A.?
38. What is the correct pinball leg length for my game?
|Forum name or section index||Forum Description||Composition||User Access|
Coin-Op Game Tech Tips,
Articles, Game Parts
Formerly 'Pinball Matters' Newsletter (emailed)
Two examples of our old text only newsletter
Issue 1, Issue 2
This WIKI is NOT currently functioning
|Page will consist of a Wiki styled Technical Tips and article page. |
Power users will be able to submit articles, Tips, 'how to' or 'how not to' articles complete with photographs, charts, parts lists and other technical how to information.
Pinball Medic will also contribute Coin Operated (Coin-Op) game tech tips in the same form as our main web site Tech Tips with new and much more detailed articles and explanations. Detailed Photos and repair / diagnostics information will be included in most articles.
Articles. provided by
Logged in users
and Pinball Medic
Write / Read an article
|Read/Write after |
This forum is NOT currently functioning
|Anyone can post a problem their having with a coin-op game or a "How To" article on solving an Arcade, Pinball and Video game mechanical or electronic issue. |
After a complete discussion and resolution of the issue, the Q&A may appear as an article on the Coin-Op Tech Tips Play Pin Wiki page.
|Classic Forum||No Restrictions*|
after log in
Free to post
This group is NOT functioning
|Coin-Op news regarding the state of the arcade games industry in Texas and the rest of the nation and will include news on Texas Coin-Op festivals, events and what game owners have done to their games today.||RSS/Custom page||Read Only and|
after log in
|Games for Sale|
Pinball, Video and all other Arcade Games
This forum is NOT functional
|Includes sections on Local (drivable distance from Austin, Texas), Texas Area or Submitted out of state games for sale (out of state games will be listing restricted due to the expense of game shipping and other issues). |
This forum will include some of the games we have in Pinball Medic's inventory. Many of which will be posted here before their refurbishments and before they are listed on the Pinball Medic's main web site.
|Read Only and|
after log in
|Game Parts /|
Barter or Market
This forum NOT functional
|Large and small game parts for sale, trade or labor swap. This page will include game parting out and custom game transportation offers.||Custom Listing|
|Read Only and|
after log in